Friday, August 8, 2008

Job Piston: I WANT A LITTLE SUGAR IN MY BOWL @ ASS

I WANT A LITTLE SUGAR IN MY BOWL @ ASS

ASS (Asia Song Society) has a HUGE group show -- I WANT A LITTLE SUGAR IN MY BOWL -- opening this Saturday 08.09.08, but unless you've received an invite, I can't tell you the address or the time, because you're not invited.

The show is curated by Anat Ebgi, Terence Koh, and Jenny Schlenzka, and was inspired by the Nina Simone song of the same name.

I want a little sugar in my bowl
I want a little sweetness down in my soul
I could stand some lovin' oh so bad
I feel so funny and I feel so sad

I want a little steam on my clothes
Maybe I can fix things up so they'll go
Whatsa matter Daddy Come on, save my soul
I need some sugar in my bowl
I ain't foolin'
I want some sugar in my bowl

You been acting different I've been told
Soothe me
I want some sugar in my bowl
I want some steam on my clothes
Maybe I can fix things up so they'll go
Whatsa matter Daddy
Come on save my soul
I want some sugar in my bowl
I ain't foolin'
I want some - yeah - in my bowl.

Let's not forget the artists. Here's a super abbreviated list, as there are close to 100 artists in the show.

Assume Vivid Astro Focus, Tim Barber, Jean-Michael Basquiat, Dan Colen, Jules de Balincourt, Patrick Ervell, Rachel Feinstein, Kathy Grayson, Brian Kenny, Sophia Lamar, Slava Mogutin, Yoko Ono, Rick Owens, Jack Pierson, Cindy Sherman, Andy Warhol, David Wojnarowicz, and many many many more.

The show's up till 08.24.08. If you'd like to try your luck at getting in for a private viewing, first you have to find them. Thank GOD some things in New York are still a secret.

No comments: